Ertalyte® PET-P Plastic Products
Ertalyte® PET-P, manufactured by Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products, is an excellent choice for close tolerance parts. Available in sheet, rod, tube, and plate forms, Ertalyte is manufactured from proprietary resin grades; it is an unreinforced, semi-crystalline thermoplastic polyester based on polyethylene terephthalate (PET-P). Ertalyte® PET-P is characterized as having the best dimensional stability coupled with excellent wear resistance, a low coefficient of friction, high strength, and resistance to moderately acidic solutions. Ertalyte® properties make it especially suitable for the manufacture of precision mechanical parts which are capable of sustaining high loads and enduring wear conditions. Its continuous service temperature is 210°F (100°C) and its melting point is almost 105°F higher than acetals.
Call us today at 1-800-243-9696 to speak to one of our technical experts.
Click here to purchase Ertalyte PET-P.
In addition, Ertalyte® PET-P offers good chemical and abrasion resistance. Its low moisture absorption enables mechanical and electrical properties to remain virtually unaffected by moisture. Modern Plastics stocks Ertalyte in sheet, rod, tube, and plate forms and also stocks Ertalyte TX, an internally lubricated grade of Ertalyte with enhanced properties.
Ertalyte® is FDA compliant in natural or black colors. Natural (white) Ertalyte is also USDA, 3A-Dairy compliant and Canada AG compliant. Ertalyte® is an excellent candidate for parts used in the food processing and equipment industries.
Only Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products offers brand-name Ertalyte® stock shapes.
Other attributes of Ertalyte® PET-P products include:
- Low moisture absorption -good for both wet and dry environments
- High strength, stiffness, rigidity
- Excellent resistance to stains
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Better resistance to acids than nylon or acetal
- Closer tolerances and maximum straightness
- Good wear resistance and excellent dimensional stability
Engineering specifications for Ertalyte® PET-P Rod are:
- Tensile Strength: 12,400 psi
- Compressive Strength: 15,000 psi
- Water Absorption (saturation): 0.07%
- Continuous Service Temperature: 210°F degrees
- Resistant to weak Acids, weak Alkalies, Ketones, Esters, Alcohols, inorganic salt solutions
- Flammability rating: UL94:HB
- Compliance: FDA, USDA, 3A-Dairy, Canada AG
Ertalyte® and other polyesters have less resistance to hot water than Acetron® GP acetal. Also, since Ertalyte® is more rigid and offers greater thermal performance than nylon and acetal, Ertalyte® machines differently. For best results, please contact us at Modern Plastics to request a copy of "Ertalyte® PET-P Design and Fabrication Guide."
Ertalyte® TX is an internally lubricated thermoplastic polyester providing enhanced wear and inertness over general purpose nylon(PA) and acetal(POM) products. Containing uniformly dispersed solid lubricant, Ertalyte® TX provides a lower wear rate and coefficient of friction than unmodified polyesters like PET or PBT, and even internally lubricated materials like Delrin® AF blend. See related products.
"Quadrant Takes the Stress Out of Machining Plastics!"
- Mfg: : Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products
- Color:: White
- Diameter Tolerance: : +.002" -.000"
- Certified to: : Ertalyte® PET-P (FDA Compliant #CFR 21, Section 177.1630 and 3A Dairy Approved
Visit our online store.
Have a salesperson contact me immediately.
Click here for Ertalyte Datasheets.