HYDEX® 4101 Polybutylene Terephathalate (PBT) Sheet - from Modern Plastics, is a FDA Approved material with good impact and ductility, superior chemical resistance, low coefficient of friction and has a hard durable surface. It has a max continuous use temperature of 221 degrees F. Sheets have a thickness tolerance of +.025". Hydex® 4101 has increased cost effectiveness, improved yields during fabrication due to less cracking and longer part life as a result of greater durability and ductility.
Hydex® 4101 comes in two different grades, standard rod and slab sizes and FDA approved White and Non-FDA approved black. Modern Plastics Hydex® 4101 is todays solution in the food processing industry. It has improved chemical resistance and it does not chip or contaminate food products. Hydex® is a great choice in the food industry because of its resistance to the cleaning chemicals typically used for wash down procedures, particularly chlorine and caustic solutions.
Modern Plastics maintains a large selection of Hydex® 4101 materials in both rod and sheet. If you have special requirements, custom cut sizes, fabrication or machining requirement, or need additional information, please feel free to contact us Toll-Free at 800-243-9696 to speak with one of our sales representatives.
- No product contamination - needs no lubrication like metals and alloys
- Noise Reduction- Reduces decibel levels in factories.
- Superb wear resistance outlasting many metals and alloys
- Reduced Down Time - Less machine down time due to increased product reliability and no down time needed for lubrication
- Increased productivity- lighter parts can be moved more rapidly.
- Better Chemical resistance
- Excellent impact strength
- Food Piston Pumps
- Feeder Blocks
- Bushings and Bearings
- Valves, Valve Bodies
- Wear Strips
- Automotive fuel system connectors, rotors
- Business equipment- copiers, faxes, laser printers
- Internal parts for fuel handling - gas pumps
- Tensile Strength 73 F – 8.0 - 8.7
- Rockwell Hardness(R) - 120
- Water Absorption (24 hrs) Immersion – 0.05-0.07%
- Heat Deflection Temperature at 66 psi- 302-328 deg.
Hydex® 4101 (PBT) sheet with these special properties is an outstanding choice in industry and the Food Processing market segments:
- No center Line Porosity
- Superior Chemical Resistance
- Low Coefficient of Friction
- Good Impact and Ductility
- Hard Durable Surface
- FDA Approved Grades