Polycarbonate PC1000-as manufactured by Quadrant Engineering Plastic Products is a machine grade polycarbonate (PC) transparent amorphous thermoplastic material which offers very high strength and high modulus of elasticity. This material has a 290°F (145°C) heat deflection temperature at 264 psi, absorbs very little moisture and resists acidic solutions. These properties, in addition to good electrical characteristics, make PC 1000 machine grade polycarbonate stock shapes an excellent choice for electrical/electronic applications. Modern Plastics stocks a wide variety of PC 1000 in both rod and plate stock shapes. In addition, a food grade polycarbonate that is compliant with FDA, NSF, Canada AG and USP Class VI regulations is available upon request.
Other attributes of PC 1000 polycarbonate products include:
- Excellent impact resistance, toughness and elongation properties
- Easy to machine
- Good dielectric properties
- Economical thermal performance
Engineering specifications for PC 1000 Rod are:
- Tensile Strength – 10,500 psi
- Compressive Strength – 11,500 psi
- Water Absorption (saturation) – 0.2%
- Continuous Service Temperature - 250° deg. F
- Resistant to Alcohols, Inorganic Salt Solutions, Steam, Alkalies (weak), Acids (weak)
- Flammability rating UL94:V2
PC 1000 polycarbonate is machine grade, not optically clear. It can be both mechanically and vapor polished to improve optical clarity. Caution: During machining, never us coolants with an aromatic base. The natural color has a slight purple, blue or gray tint.