PVC Rod, Type I, Solid Colors -as manufactured by Gehr Plastics, offers the most economical solution when chemical resistance, self-extinguishing characteristics and good overall physical properties are required at continuous use temperatures under 155° degrees F.
PVC Type II (See Related products), Light Grey color only, offers higher impact strength for parts subject to harder use.
Geon compounds are extruded by Gehr, as well as Gehr’s own PVC Type I compound. Geon PVC type I compound is an NSF approved material and UL Bulletin 94, VO rated, and is used for PVC profiles and rod extrusions from 1/4″ through 6″ diameter.
Modern Plastics offers PVC Type I rod in 10 brilliant solid colors: Red, Black, White, Medium Dark Blue, Light Blue, Green, Purple, Orange, Yellow and Hot Pink in all standard diameters from 1/4″ through 6″ diameter.
Other attributes of PVC Rod, Type I, Solid Colors products include:
- Maximum Service Temperature up to 140° F
- Excellent choice of material for use in corrosive environments
- Easy to machine
- Low cost material
- Centerless Ground PVC Rod Available (tight tolerance)
- Large selection of solid colors Available in PVC Type I Rod
Engineering specifications for PVC Rod, Type I, Solid Colors products Products:
- Tensile Strength – 7,300 psi @ 73° F
- Izod Impact – 0.8 ft-lbs / inch notch @ 73° F
- Flexural Modulus – 420,000 psi @ 73° F
- Maximum Service Temperature – .155° F
- Flammability rating V-O (UL-94 Test Method)
- Hardness – 80, +/-3 Shore D
Modern Plastics offers a variety of PVC stock PROFILES and SHAPES such as PVC Square Bar, PVC Angle, PVC U-Channel, PVC Joining Strips, PVC Rectangular Bar, and PVC Hexagonal Rod.
From 1/4″ thru 2.000″ (over 2.000″ diameter is available only in 5′ foot lengths) diameter rod we only list 5′ foot lengths on our e-commerce site for sale, however, 10′ lengths are available to purchase. This length is considered “oversize” by freight companies and will typically require higher freight charges via common carriers.
Please call us Toll-Free at 800.243.9696 if you wish to order 10′ foot lengths.